- Undertake research into tuberculosis epidemiology and clinical trials
- Located at Central Clinical School, Camperdown Campus, with periodic travel to Vietnam.
- Full time fixed term for 24 months, base salary Level B $102K – $121K p.a plus superannuation.
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is seeking a highly-motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to undertake research into the tuberculosis (TB) epidemiology and interventions to improve TB control in high and low-prevalence settings. This position will be based at the Central Clinical School in the University of Sydney. It will involve implementing collaborative studies in Australia and internationally, including Vietnam. It will also involve opportunities to supervise research students. Research areas will include:
- prevention of tuberculosis (including multidrug resistant-TB)
- active case-finding to identify people with TB in endemic settings
- antimicrobial resistance in resource-limited settings
- TB relapse and mortality
- use of digital technologies to improve the control of TB.
Research methods will include: epidemiological studies, clinical trials, systematic reviews and meta-analysis, health economic analysis and implementation research.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Respiratory Medicine who has:
- a PhD in epidemiology, clinical trials methods, or related fields.
- demonstrated skills in epidemiology and statistical analysis
- Implementing clinical and/or public health research relating to tuberculosis, or other relevant diseases
- must have a strong publication record according to opportunity and excellent communication skills.
Only candidates who have received their PhD within the last 60 months will be considered
Experience of working in a cross-cultural setting, and/or in a low-middle income country, will be an advantage.
For more information and to apply please visit: https://tinyurl.com/yckqpbun.